Who would have thought that you can prepare a delicious and crispy pizza with only one cooking zone and one pan? I didn’t and therefore the delicious result surprised me even more!
Ingredients (for one medium sized pizza)
- 175 g flour
- 8 g fresh yeast (alternatively dry yeast)
- 2+3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ts sugar
- 5 tbsp of strained tomatoes
- 1 tomato
- 50g olives, black
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- Optional: Topping of your choice
- Mix 125ml warm water with the sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and the yeast. Leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- Put the flour into a medium bowl and mix thoroughly with the yeast mixture. Knead well for at least 3 minutes. Moisten with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and leave to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Knead the dough once again. Put the rest of the oil into a coated pan and pull the dough apart with your hands until it fits into the pan. Form the rim a little thicker. The base can be nice and thin, then the pizza will be crispier.
- Spread the pizza with strained tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the tomato and mozzarella and spread on the pizza. Sprinkle olives on top. Add another topping as desired.
- Close the pan with a lid or something similar and fry over medium heat for about 6 minutes until the base is nice and crispy. Leave the pizza to rest for a few more minutes so that the cheese has melted nicely.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.