Easy to make and a fantastic change for breakfast!
- 200 g flour (2 C)
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 50g sugar (1/3 C)
- 60g butter (cold)
- 75ml milk (1/2 C)
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the butter in small pieces. Knead it quickly until it becomes a crumbly texture.
- Add the milk bit after bit and keep kneading.
- Knead it until everything has a crumply texture. The dough should still be a little coarse. It’s even better if there are still little pieces of butter.
- Either roll the dough out with a sickness of 2cm and take a medium sized glass to cut out the scones or simply use your hands to form little rolls. The dough is sufficient for 6-8 scones.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degree.
- Bake the scones until they get a golden surface for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy them with clotted cream (or butter) and jam.
Don’t worry if you didn’t eat all these scones for breakfast. You can still use them for a little dessert days after you baked them. Simply mix some whipped cream with vanilla and yoghurt and put it in layers with scones crumbles and strawberries in a glass.