On my journey I have been to the caves where the famous Roquefort-cheese is maturing. It was so impressive! And even though I am not a big fan of blue cheese, I liked the Roquefort a lot. It‘s much more creamy then others. Of course I had to create a recipe for the vankitchen with it!
- 400g Pasta (Tagliatelle etc.)
- 250ml cream (1 1/2 C)
- 100g spinach (2 C)
- 100g smoked salmon
- 100g Roquefort (1 C)
- 100ml white wine ( 3/4 C)
- 1 TS Honey
- 1 shallot
- Salt & Pepper
- Put a medium sized pot of salted water on to boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Put a pan on high temperature and add some oil. Chop the shallot into small pieces and fry them in the pan until they become of a golden colour. Add the spinach to it and leave it for a minute.
- Douse with the white wine and add the cream to it. Scrumble the cheese into smaller pieces an add it to the sauce. Cut the smoked salmon a few times and add it to the pan as well. Add the honey. Bring it to boil and stir occasionally.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper as soon as the cheese melted.
- Drain the pasta as soon as they are cooked and add them (and a bit of cooking water) to the pan. Let it boil for a minute.
- Ready to serve!