Well, once I made that dish for an Italian and I did almost everything wrong from an Italian point of view 🙂 So be aware that this recipe follows my own taste and doesn’t meet a classic Italian Carbonara in every point. However, it tastes delicious!
- 200g Spaghetti
- 200ml cream
- 150g bacon (one piece or cubes)
- 100ml white wine
- 50g grated parmesan
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 small onion
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Handfull of rucola
- Salt & Pepper
- Bit of neutral oil.
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Peel the onion and chop it into small cubes. If the bacon doesn’t come in cubes already cut it into those.
- Fry the onions and the bacon in a wide pan with a bit of oil.
- Deglaze it with the white wine as soon as the bacon becomes crispy. Add the cream and afterwards. Stir it properly. Add the parmesan and honey and stir it again. Let it simmer for a few minutes and season it with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta as soon as its cooked. Add the egg yolk to the sauce and mix ist shortly. Add the pasta and mix everything properly.
- Put the Carbonara on plates and garnish it with the rucola.