There is nothing more refreshing then some sparkling water with a bit of elderberry syrup. Add some slices of lime and mint – and there you go!
- 1l of water (6 C)
- 250g sugar ( 1 1/2 C)
- 15 umbels of elderflower
- 2 lemons
- Heat the water up until it boils.
- Add the sugar and turn the heat off as soon as the sugar has diluted.
- Slice the lemons and remove the thicker stems from the umbels. Check whether there is any dirt or small insects inside the umbels.
- Wait until the sugary water cooled down to room temperature. Add the slices of lemon as well as the umbels and stir it carefully.
- Close the pot with a lid and store it for 3 days at a cool place. Stir it ones a day.
- After three days filter the mixture through a sieve and fill it in clean bottles.