Lavender isn‘t very popular within the cuisine as it can contain very strong aromas. But luckily this recipe combines the fantastic taste of Lavender within the creamy Panna Cotta. Together with some Kiwi mousse it makes a perfect match. Ideal for hot summer days!
Shopping List (2 Persons)
- 400ml cream (2 1/2 C)
- 3 Kiwis
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 4 slices Gelantine
- 1 TBSP Lavender (english, for cooking)
- 1 Vanilla bean
- Bring the cream in a medium sized pot to boil. Add the sugar and the vanilla pulp to it.
- Put the lavender into a tea bag or a tea ball and hang it into the boiling cream. Let everything sim on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the gelantine following the instructions.
- Add two tablespoons of cream to the gelantine as soon as it is ready to use. Mix it and put all of the gelatine mixture to the lavender cream afterwards.
- Mix it properly and fill the cream into glasses immediately.
- Leave it at least for 6 hours at a cool place.
- Before serving the Panna Cotta peel the kiwis and process them with a hand blender. Add the mousse on top of the Panna Cotta.